String Quartet No. 1 (2019)
The essence of this music is a process that underlies every form of life, be it a tree, a human life or the earth itself.
Five parts, each representing a phase in the development of life:
- Part 1 is sprouting life, ideas that suddenly emerge from the sea of nothingness and continue to develop, grow and merge.
- This quest, its growth that slowly materializes, finding and wrestling its way upward towards the light is voiced in the second movement.
- The 3rd part represents the blooming, but also the turbulent life, the struggle and "the course of things going their own way".
- Then follows part 4, the Lamento, a melancholic part, the looking back, the decline, the old age ...
- Part 5 is taking off, disappearing into the infinite unknown.